Powered By Blogger

Saturday 2 May 2015

Peejays Greek Stopovers - an attempted antidote to boredom.

I am bored, three weeks back, utterly mind-numbingly bored. Not 'at a loose end' nor having some little difficulty filling my days, but crushingly bored, like a spotty adolescent. It's not that there is a want of things to be done - ceilings to paint, gutters to clean-out, fences to mend - a whole garden waiting to be weeded - but I am bored, I can't be bothered. Of course, there is plenty of good advice out there to help you with such ennui, but the last thing I want is advice...unless it's from the mighty John Berryman, who in my view sums it all up in his 'apology' for boredom.




So, if I can't travel for real, I end up travelling in my head, which manifests itself in every available surface becoming strewn with maps and guidebooks.

where next?
Gill, who has had forty years of experience of dealing with my various states of mind, came up with her usual stroke of genius - she emailed me a link to the following rather brilliant little app.



Thank you PeeJay! Thank you Gill! Now I'm not 'Berryman' bored any more - We're thinking about going to the Pelopennese next autumn, and what about next week? We have nothing on after the 10th May - we might head-off to Germany, the Moselle cycle tracks look good... the ferry is only £112 - I might even tidy-up the garage this afternoon.....

Heels for Dust!

No comments: